Grants, awards and participation at events opportunities for students, PhD students and early career researchers
2020 RSA Student and Early Conference; Research for Impact? Shaping and Influencing Regional and Urban Policy; Stoke-on-Trent, UK; 24 March 2020. This event is the RSA’s inaugural carbon choice conference allowing both attendance in person at Staffordshire University and also remote, virtual participation from your own location. Abstract submission deadline: 9th February 2020
RSA Awards 2020 - Nominations (both self-nominations and third-party nominations) of current members are being sought for the following awards in regional studies and related fields:
- Nathaniel Lichfield Award – this award is for recent Masters graduate who has graduated within the previous year;
- RSA PhD Student Award – this award is for registered PhD students who have not yet received their certificate;
- RSA Routledge Early Career Award – this award is for early career researchers defined as being within five years of the date on their PhD certificate or equivalent.
- The prize for each Award is: A cheque for £500; A certificate; A complimentary registration at the 2020 RSA President’s Event; Up to £200 discretionary fund toward attending the 2020 RSA President’s Event (transport costs). Forthcoming deadline: 30th April 2020
RSA Travel Grant - The RSA offers its members funding towards travel costs when attending a non-RSA event. This grant is a fantastic opportunity to help you towards your travel costs to present your work, network and participate at world-wide events within the field.
- Value: up to £500 (c. €570; $600)
- Application deadlines: 29th May 2020 & 30th November 2020
RSA Early Career Grant Scheme - This funding is open to individual applicants in their early career (five years maximum between the date showing on the certificate and the application deadline). Applicants must be based within an eligible higher education institution and must be a current, early career member of the RSA. This grant aims to support a discrete piece of regional studies and/or regional science research.
- Value: up to £10,000 (c. €11,500; $12,000)
- Application deadline (Expression of Interest): 28th May 2020
Regional Studies Regional Science: Early Careers Papers Section - The editors of the Early Career Papers section are currently seeking submissions of paper proposals for short articles (max. 3,000 words). Contributions are welcomed from any discipline in the field of regional studies or regional science and with any geographical focus. Authors (and co-authors) should be PhD students or early career researchers that have completed their PhD in the last five years. Forthcoming deadlines: 31 March 2020 & 30 September 2020
SAVE THE DATE: 2020 RSA Europe Socio-Spatial Dynamics Summer College; Public Policy for Regional Development; Cagliari, Italy; 1 – 4 September 2020